Audi A3 (8V) Mileage Stopper (also known as odometer blocker or filter) is a special device for your car that allows you to put your vehicle’s odometer on pause. It does this by suppressing the designated electric pulses in the vehicle’s system. Thus, the miles (or kilometres) of range traveled will not be recorded by the car.
The speed freezer is installed behind the dashboard but you can install it yourself. The whole process is quite simple and straightforward. All our mileage stop filters come with original connectors. There is no need to cut wires during installation. Likewise, no patching or programming is required. And for a step-by-step instructions you can always watch our videos.
The stopper is conveniently controlled from the steering wheel keypad. Thanks to the easy-to-use control buttons, you can decide if you want it to be on or off. The tool is activated and deactivated with a key combination on the steering wheel or with a single press of a button on one of the control levers.
The correction is applied to all engine units. It is a professional alternative to adjusting the mileage on your own. Having bought such a freezer once, the vehicle owner can use it for many years.
The mileage blocker has the following benefits:
- Intuitive DIY installation
- No soldering, patching or stripping wires.
- No programming required.
- Quick and easy control with the standard buttons.
- Original connectors and terminals to ensure the best quality.
- Remove the instrument panel.
- Disconnect the cable that connects the car to the dashboard.
- Connect the male connector to the car's cable first. (Note: the LED lights on the device must light up and then go out after 5—10 seconds).
- Connect the female connector to the dashboard. The instrument panel must turn on.
- Install the instrument panel back.
- Conduct a test drive.
- Red dot.
- Multiple errors and facts.
- The instrument cluster doesn’t work.
On most car models, both connectors, male and female, can be connected both ways. Hence, most of the troubleshooting is done by simply reconnecting the device. For example, if the instrument panel does not light up after connecting the device: turn the female connector.
Please note, if the device is connected incorrectly, it will not cause any damage to the car's electronic system.
Press and hold the "BACK" button on the left side of the steering wheel for 10 seconds.
Successful mode switching is indicated by a hazard light. Modes are switched successively (one after another).
Please note! Usually Mode 1 is activated by default immediately after installation. Thus, there is no need to activate the device.
Alternative: press the “OK” button on the right side of the steering wheel (looks like a small “wheel” switch), or the lower button “OK/Reset” button on the right wiper lever.
Speedometer works normally at 100% / Up to 70% of mileage is filtered (e.g. 100 miles will be counted from 50 to 30 miles).
* Mode 1 is usually activated by default immediately after installation. Thus, there is no need to activate the device.
Speedometer works normally at 100% / Up to 80% of mileage is filtered (e.g. 100 miles will be counted from 50 to 20 miles).
THE DEVICE IS INTENDED FOR VEHICLE RESEARCH, TUNING AND TESTING PURPOSES ONLY, ON DYNAMOMETER STANDS AND IN LABORATORY CONDITIONS, OUTSIDE OF PUBLIC ROADS. USE IT WISELY AND WITH CAUTION.
No questions about this product, be the first and ask your question.